Monique Labat Consulting
I’m a paragraph. Double click me or click Edit Text, it's easy.
Fluent in French and English, Monique consults to local and international clients on Market Linkages and Business 2 Business opportunities
Business Is In Our Nature
A career spanning the Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the City of Durban’s Investment Promotion Agency as well as Tradepoint South Africa Durban has meant that Monique Labat has extensive specialist skills and experience in assisting clients seeking new business opportunities in global markets.
Monique was born in Mauritius and holds dual citizenship, Mauritian and South African. In August 2011, Monique established her company, Monique Labat Consulting (Pty) Ltd to provide valuable specialist skills to both public and private sector clients.
Fluent in French and English, Monique consults to local and international clients on Market Linkages and Business 2 Business opportunities, co-ordinates detailed programmes and itineraries for international trade, investment and inward buying delegations and compiles market intelligence reports for multiple industry sectors.
The company’s clients, both in private and public sector are located in Mauritius, Reunion Island, South Africa, the United Kingdom and Zimbabwe. Monique Labat Consulting (Pty) Ltd is a member of the Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Johannesburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Members Business Network (Mauritius).
Summary of Services
• Business 2 Business market linkages for clients seeking new customers, new markets and new suppliers
• Mauritius referral services for clients seeking to invest in Mauritius
• Industry sector research
• Economic development strategies
• Speaker at online webinars, international trade conferences and exhibitions
• Business 2 Business Market linkages for South African engineering firm manufacturing steel tanks
• Secured national South African distributor for Mauritian eyewear manufacturer
• Facilitated exports of South African FMCG products to Reunion Island
• Arranged Inward Trade and Investment Missions to Johannesburg and Durban for Economic Development Board Mauritius
• Facilitated Inward Buying Missions to South Africa for Reunion Island Club Economique de Trois Bassins
• Emigration referral services for clients seeking to invest in Mauritius
• Establishment of clothing manufacturer in Mauritius
• FMCG Export opportunities to Canada, Germany, Mauritius, Reunion Island
About Monique Labat
An active Rotarian, Monique volunteers her time and resources to assist communities throughout South Africa. At the start of the COVID-19 pandemic Monique’s Rotary E-Club of South Africa One was instrumental in working with the Youth of Amaoti township to deliver truckloads of maizemeal to those in need. On Women’s Day, Monique assists the Youth of Amaoti by providing business start-up kits for young women to create home industry food businesses, handmade greeting cards, creative sewing and knitting boxes. This falls squarely within one of Rotary International’s focus area of Economic and Community Development. Monique’s core values are in line with Rotary’s motto, “Service above self “.
A foodie at heart, Monique lived her dream and spent three months at Ballymaloe Cookery School in Shanagarry, County Cork, Ireland 11 years ago.
Facebook Foodie: Recipes of the Liked and Shared is Monique’s first cookbook comprising 100 recipes and full colour photographs produced through the Self-Publishing process. Monique gives presentations and food demos all over the country and has spoken at many Rotary Clubs and business organisations.
One of Monique’s favourite presentations is entitled “Mauritius: Two Centuries of Cuisine”, a nod to her birthplace in the Indian Ocean. For each Cookbook sold, Monique donates R10 to Rotary Foundation’s #EndPolioNow campaign.
Full Name of Company: Monique Labat Consulting (Pty) Ltd
Nature of Business: Services - Business Consulting Business 2 Business Market Linkages for clients seeking new customers, new markets and new suppliers. Co-ordination of global trade and investment missions
Date Established: 3 August 2011
Director: Monique Labat
Mobile: +27 (0)82 924 6349