Welcome to the third collection of KwaZulu-Natal Top Business Women.
The vision of the KwaZulu-Natal Top Business Women initiative is to celebrate the achievements of women in business and in society through a range of media – webinars, video, photography, and the written word.
Through this initiative, we aim to place some of our women role models in the public eye and to honour their extraordinary successes. The theme for 2022 is ‘women of influence ‘and we again have no shortage of wonderful women’s stories to share and to be inspired by.
Each story is important, and each women needs to be heard! These women are to be found making a difference in the fields of business, farming, medicine, health and wellness, community, business development, law, finance, environment, and media, amongst many other life-calling (and changing) careers and social upliftment projects. In addition, apart from their incredible accomplishments, they identify themselves as wives, mothers, daughters, sisters ... the list is endless.
The team at KwaZulu-Natal Top Business thank each of the women featured for the time that they have offered us and the insights that they have shared. Without their willingness to tell their stories, this initiative, and our accompanying video series would not be possible.
All the women were interviewed and asked the same questions:
· What are your business and/or community achievements?
· How did you get to where you are today?
· Who or what has motivated or inspired you and why?
· What challenges have you experienced and how have you overcome these?
· What are your future goals?
· What advice would you give to young women who are following in your path?
· We also asked them to tell us a little about their personal lives and to give a final thought.
Some of the key themes that emerged, amongst others, are:
· The importance of positive role models and mentors
· Acknowledging that women are different to men and embracing one’s feminine characteristics
· Having big dreams to be inspired by
· You must continue striving in order to achieve your goals
· To just start your journey – you will figure it out along the way
· The importance of having a tribe of women around you for support
· Being true to oneself and being authentic
· A real desire to help other people to grow
· A driving need to make a difference in society
Each of the women featured, have stood firm and are true women of influence in KwaZulu-Natal.
We are sure that you will enjoy reading their stories and watching their videos.
We also extend our gratitude to the various people who have facilitated the process and helped with setting up interviews, handling queries, and writing profiles.
A special thank you to the marketing team at Supertech Group: Preona Naidoo, Mohammed Ally and Rishaav Tiloki for the photographs and video interviews.
Rishaav and Tiloki spent many hours filming interviews, as well as editing the footage to produce the videos that are available on our website: http://www.kzntopbusiness.com and on our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/KZNTopBusiness
This year we again introduced each of the women in a three-part webinar series, which are available on the YouTube platform as well. Thanks also to Zanele Luvuno who facilitated each of the webinars.
Our sincere thanks go to David White and the team at DRG and BusinessFit SA for their sponsorship of the KwaZulu-Natal Top Business Women 2022. We hope that this initiative will continue to inspire other women to achieve their dreams.